Los Angeles Christian schools offer you superior academics, incredible sports and theater programs, a solid emotional and spiritual development, and a supportive network for friends and family for life. Two high schools accessible to Los Angeles are Lighthouse Christian Academy and Pacifica Christian High School.
Lighthouse Christian Academy believes the road to academic excellence is love. We teach with passion and foster a love for scholarship and the scientific spirit. Our graduates go on to succeed at the likes of Harvard and UC Berkeley. A 10:1 student-teacher ratio means individual attention is a premium. We are fully accredited among Los Angeles Christian schools.
Los Angeles Christian schools, look for:
- Competitive sports (LCA has 8-man football, girls volleyball, co-educational varsity soccer and swimming. In football and volleyball, LCA has won CIF championships and been runner-up more than once.)
- Diversity of electives (LCA offers 45 electives. Tapping the resources of its parent organization Lighthouse Church, LCA teaches art, music, film, music editing, cooking, blogging, construction, biking and many more.)
- Holistic approach (a spiritual foundation collaborates with academic excellence)
- Family feel (for LCA, school is NOT a business — it is the optimal way to assure quality education and spiritual nurture for our children.)
- Opportunities for travel. (LCA compliments history classes with investigative trips to England and Scotland and to colonial sites like Plymouth and Gettysburg on the East Coast)
- Racial diversity. (At LCA, all races are welcomed!)
Lighthouse follows a national trend of a late start in its bell schedule: 9:00 a.m. We offer two core classes on the block schedule and allow for electives in other hours with great freedom to choose your day and time of elective. This scheduling prepares students for similar class schedules of college.
Los Angeles Christian schools